Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh no!

Ellen DeGeneres or fans you might be interested..

http://cmfa.loyno.edu/loyola-university-mourns-loss-longtime-faculty-member-philip-frohnmeyer

The music director @ my college from 2004-5 passed away.  I liked him a lot, not sure what happened.  I know I wasn't accepted and kicked out for shyness, though he was not my teacher, someone unrelated who left, who'd lived in the panhandle or Pensacola?  An older lady.  Theresa MacRee (McRee.)  I had to audition a 2nd time just on piano.  I got the 2nd highest scholarship, so that was good.

That freaks me out.  He looks old, guessing he is 70.  Singers must die.  Let's see how Ellen does.  Johnny Depp quit.  Hm..  I was gonna retire @ 40.

I know we all thought his wife was ***y, but some people must have helped it with some extreme, not sure what that does, played a big part of my college interest.  I mean, even when I wasn't there, I thought I was in some experiment.

This guy also went to Harvard, for music!  Their singing is very serious and I suppose they are teachers not singers.  They are such good teachers..  He had a cool nasal voice.

Well, the wife was very big, tall, too, with dark hair and light skin, from Minnesota I found from my teacher.  Their daughter was thin and a bit supple, did her Masters there.  Guess she is from New Orleans.  I remember I could see through the whites of her nails from sitting in the audience during an open master class.  I coulda been a great singer, too bad.  Her singing is good and intelligent.  There was another big girl, a senior that year, smaller girl though but plump.  She made it all worth it.  I'd see her around.

...